Six Main Causes of Blurred Vision in Eyes
Author: Nancy Gagnon
Blurred vision in the eyes can render unpleasant experience for people and can also be a symptom of other serious maladies. This serious vision problem can be brought about by a wide variety of causes.
Blurred vision is the eye condition wherein the objects perceived by the sense of sight are unclear. The condition may be gradual while there is also the sudden onset that may require immediate attention. This eye condition may lie on the problems on the different parts of the eyes such as the lens, retina, tissues and muscles of the eyes.
Here are some of the main causes:
1. Cataract - This is the eye condition wherein the light that enters the eyes that enable us to see the external objects. Cataract is often associated with old age since this is common to old people of over 60 years old and a whitish covering appears on the lens of the eyes.
2. Glaucoma - Glaucoma is another condition that is quite popular during the later years of life. This medical condition can cause blurriness in vision and eventually lead to blindness due to high pressure in the eyes. Blurred vision in the eyes is a symptom of this illness.
3. Macula Degeneration - The Macula is the central part of the retina, which is a sensitive part of the eye. The deterioration of the Macula is common to the elderly and will result to blurred vision.
4. Diabetic retinopathy - Retinopathy is the most serious case of diabetes mellitus that can even lead to blindness. The first symptom of this medical condition is blurred vision and other common symptoms of diabetes.
5. Infections and inflammations - Any infection or inflammation in the eyes such as sore eyes can cause temporary blurriness in the eyes as well as pain, redness and watery eyes.
6. Refractive Errors - One of the common causes is the refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia and astigmatism.
Blurred vision is something that can not be taken for granted. It can be a symptom of other serious diseases or it can lead to blindness in your eyes. When you experience blurriness in your vision, you can then cure it Naturally by practicing Dr Bates techniques and exercises at home instead of going through an expensive and dangerous surgery.