Weak Eyesight Causes and Natural Home Remedy Treatment for Eye Problems
Author: Dr.Steve Buchar
Weak eyesight is a common problem of the day. Even tender aged school going children may also be seen using spectacles due to weak eyes. It's main symptoms are following:
1. Seeing hazy or dim from eyes
2. Short sight and Long sight
3. To see the objects of long distance but not able to see the
4. Objects nearby or to see the objects nearby but not able to see
5. The objects of long distance
6. Burning in eyes
7. Watering of eyes
8. Heaviness of head during study
9. Persistent Common Cold
Heat and Weakness of brain is a main cause of weak eyesight. The morbid matter eliminating by means of Common Cold if suppressed by wrong treatment, also adversely effects the eyes. Beside this, longover and closely watching of TV., continuous reading in a powerful light, digestive disorder, unbalanced eating and living habits and deficiency of vitamin A in food are also responsible for weak eyesight. In maturity, excessive worry and consumption of alcohol also produce weakness of eyes.
For averting weakness of eyes caused due to suppressed Common Cold or surplus heat in brain practice ofJala Neti is highly beneficial. The muscles and nerves of that place become toned up by keeping Mud pack over eyes or by giving Cold water splashes to the eyes. In the event of non-availability of Mud, Cold water pack should be applied. Shitali and Sitkari Pranayamas are also advantageous. For proper cleansing of bowels, the asanas prescribed in Appendix- One should be practised regularly. Sarvangasana and Trataka are also beneficial. The stress on mind may be reduced by the practice of Meditation. Eye wash with Triphala water. Palming and Jala Neti etc. gives considerable benefit. Pure honey if available may be used as part of the diet and also as eye drop.
Food items rich in Vitamin "A" fruits and vegetables may be used in sufficient quantity. Carrot and Beet juice give special benefit. Therefore, in the season of Carrot, salad or juice of Carrot must be taken. Washing of eyes with green coloured bottle duly charged in sunshine, eyes wash with this water with the help of an eye cup and then frequently blinking of eyes is also a beneficial practice. This water may be taken in half cup quantity morning and evening everyday before meals.
Following Eye exercises advised by W.H. Bates are found highly beneficial, therefore, should be added to the treatment schedule:
1. Clockwise and anti clockwise rotation of shoulders 10 times each.
2. Clockwise and anti clockwise rotation of neck 10 times each. Here it should be kept in mind that the pressure on muscles is frequently changed.
3. Eye exercises: Upward and downward movement, of eye balls, left and right movement of eye balls and clockwise and anti clockwise movement of eye balls. All above exercises should be repeated ten times at a time and several times in a day.
4. Palming - Closing of the eyes by way of covering them with both the palms is known as palming. This is helpful in making the eyes stress free. It should also be practised several times in a day.